“I dropped the toothpaste,” said Tom, crestfallen.
My family and I enjoy word games (maybe that’s why I work in paid search?).
Recently we’ve been playing with Tom Swifties.
See if you can guess the adverb. Hover to remove the gray obfuscation.
- “Where did my garden flowers go?” asked Tom endearingly.
- “Would you like to see my Japanese water garden?” asked Tom coyly.
- “Let’s order every appetizer at the Chinese restaurant” said Tom wantonly.
- “I lost the ram,” admitted Tom sheepishly.
- “I know the 4th and 22nd letters of the alphabet,” said Tom deviously.
- “My car has four flats,” said Tom tiredly.
- “Please light the candle,” requested Tom wickedly.
- “My father-in-law got alot of sun in Miami,” said Tom tangentially.
- “I intend to drown myself in Egypt,” said Tom nihilistically.
- “That boutique is owned by a man,” said Tom historically.
- “Vojislav Kostunica!” said Tom acerbically.
- “From now on I only wear kilts,” said Tom expansively.
- “My son shot up three inches last year” said Tom gruesomely.
- “I never know what to buy at the supermarket,” said Tom listlessly.
- “Go the back of the boat!” ordered Tom sternly.
- “I’ll prepare all the lemon zest” offered Tom gratefully.
Yours welcome in the comments!