20 things they didn’t tell you about blogging
Rajesh Setty offers 20 “Things They Didn’t Tell You About Blogging.” Here’s his list, emphasis mine.
- Blogging is easy to start but hard to maintain.
- People expect consistently good content or quality readers walk away.
- You can’t be famous just by blogging.
- You can’t get rich blogging.
- You can extend your brand via the blog but you can’t build a brand by blogging.
- Blogging is an addiction and sometimes it can be serious.
- If you want to succeed, you HAVE to start making others succeed.
- You don’t climb up by pulling down other people.
- It takes time to produce “Timeless Content.” But “timeless content” produces results (traffic included) in the long run.
- Traffic is important but “Quality” traffic is more important.
- Never ask for links.
- Who you are plays an important role in how your blog is perceived.
- Using the right tools is VERY important to get the right feedback.
- Taking a STAND is necessary.
- You can slack but remember that you are only one click away from someone unsubscribing.
- Don’t apply the rule of reciprocation to blogs.
- Don’t impose your rules on other bloggers.
- Don’t write if you don’t have anything to write.
- Don’t expect short-term benefits. There are none.
- Your attitude DOES show up on your blog.
Great post, Rajesh.