Along with Profs. Paul Farris and Phil Pfeifer, I'm organizing an executive education course in online marketing this fall at UVA's Darden School of Business. Darden is a Top 20 business school with an award-winning exec ed program. This online marketing course will run October 21-24, 2007, and be held on the beautiful Darden campus in scenic Charlottesville, Virginia.
Because of who's participating, this will be an amazing course. We're honored to have excellent speakers from leading web companies, smart academics providing context and theory, and great attendees representing a broad swath of the economy. Darden exec ed courses are intentionally small, so everyone gets to really interact and swap ideas.
- Jim Lecinski, Managing Director, Central Region, Google
- Jacki Kelley, VP Sales Strategy, Yahoo!
- Avinash Kaushik, Occam’s Razor/Google
- Michele Hughes, GBS Consumer Solutions, Procter & Gamble
- Hugh MacLeod, Gaping Void
- Mike Moran, IBM Distinguished Engineer & Product Manager, IBM OmniSearch
- Rick Klau, VP, Feedburner
- Doug Williams, Senior Manager, Crosstown Traders
- Marty Eisenstein, Senior Partner, Brann & Isaacson
- Paul Farris, Landmark Communications Professor of Business Administration,, The Darden School
- Phil Pfeifer, Professor of Business Administration, The Darden School
- Alan Rimm-Kaufman, President, RKG
(Inviting such excellent speakers was a blast -- I felt like kid in a candy store!)
You can hear good speakers regularly at the industry trade shows, but what is unique about this event is that is it a real executive education program. The Darden marketing faculty are among the best in the world. They'll be providing the framework and the synthesis to integrate the various course topics, which include Web 2.0, Google, social media, web branding, analytics, blogging, email, legal issues, and online retail.
The course is filling up, but spaces are still available.