“Corporate Blogging” by Debbie Weil
Interesting bits from The Corporate Blogging Book:
- Regarding the Bic pen blogstorm: Kryptonite Lock claims they were just too darned busy to respond to the bloggers, and in retrospect, they wouldn’t have done anything differently. (p. 48, p. 137) Err… doesn’t ring true to me.
- The idea of “global microbrands” built through blogs (The Lincoln Sign Company, for example) (p. 64)
- The incredible diversity of corporate blog voices — personal and raw (Bob Parson’s blog, for example) versus PR agency written (VespaBlogs, for example) versus official corporate channel (Official Google Blog, for example) (p. 76)
- Waggoner Edstrom’s online blogging index (p. 138)
- Jakob Nielsen’s Top Ten Design Mistakes for blogs (p. 172)
- Roy Hrastnik’s Top Five Design Features (p.179)